Saturday, August 16, 2008

How much is too much?

One of my friends is constantly giving me a bad time if I buy stuff for the baby. She reminds me that there are going to be baby showers, and I will want to buy some stuff once we actually get Scarlett. I agree with that, but have I really gone over board? I have about 12-20 (total) outfits/sweaters/hoodies for each age range 12 months, 12-18th, 2T, 3T and 4T. Five pairs of shoes in different sizes, blankets that I have made. A few bibs, a few cups, a few books, a few toys. If you look in the closet it does look like a bunch of stuff, but really they span over 4 years! And most of these things that I have collected are from my friend Chris's fab consignment store, 'what goes around comes around' in Sherwood Oregon. So in reality I haven't spent a ton of $$. I know I am one of those retail therapy people. Sometimes just picking up a little something at the store for the baby makes it feel like it is really going to happen.
So let me tell you the stuff I don't have so my friends mind can be at ease... no sheets, jammies, socks, diapers, hair stuff, safety stuff, bath products, bath toys, dolls, stroller, rocking chair, crib (although someone is planning on getting that one for us), car seats, toys. 
If you come over and want to check out the stuff I have for the baby, I'll let you but you have to promise no more lectures!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey--there's no harm in shop therapy. (Just leave something for me to buy for her!!) And if she can't wear some of the things you have, there's always plenty of places that need good kid's clothes...especially those that were bought with great love and anticipation surrounding them!

Nina said...

I'm also a big fan of retail therapy. And you don't have too much stuff at all. You're just REALLY prepared and thinking ahead :)

Nina from RQ