Friday, November 7, 2008











So it is now 5:30 in China. I have been awake since 4:00am. I did go to bed at 8:00, but I think this could be related to Jet Lag.
The flight here was really really long. I have never been on a plane that long. That said NW is nice and they have on demand movies and games, which helped the time go by. The X-file movie was not as good as I thought it would be. When we arrived in China I was sooo tired. We had been up for 25 hours. Andy slept a bit on the plane but I didn't really. I did finish a baby hat though, so I was quite proud of that.
China has been amazing. Our guides "Barbara" and "George" are really nice and fun. Yesterday was completly exhausting though. When my boss talks about the 'batan death march' between our building and the AEC she has never visited the Tianmen Square and the Forbidden city.
We also went to a silk factory yesterday. It will be no surprise to anyone that I am coming home with some silk items :-)
It was really fun, and amazingly beautiful.
The other folks in our group here are super nice. There are about 30+ people in our little tour group. A mix of first time parents, parents who have already adopted from China and folks with bio-kids adopting a Chinese child. The small kids were just amazing yesterday. They were all so tired by the end of day but there were no fits or crying. By the end of the day we all 'trudged' back on the bus and everyone just vegged till we got back to the hotel.
Janie seems to be having fun too. She is a real trooper and it is super fun to have her along.
I can't believe that we leave tomorrow to fly to Xi'an and get Scarlett.
Oh yeah one more thing... Joanne please email me at our comcast address so I can send you the phone number for here!
I miss you all! We'll take more photos today and post later.










2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!!! Maryanne and Andrew, you must be having an amazing time. I know the jet lag is kinda severe, but, now that you are on China time, you must be so excited to to go Xi'an.. I can't wait for you to pick up Scarlett!!! Gald you are all safe, and send us more pics.... lots of love, Mei Ling

Anonymous said...

You all look fabulous! Travel, no matter how exhausting, is good for you! Am anxious to see lots of Scarlett pictures...get on over there, will you...stop looking at the sights and get down to business! Looking forward to seeing and hearing all about tomorrow, xo,
deerheadgal